Monday, January 28, 2008

We Thank Thee O God for a Prophet!

Last night, my sister in law called to tell us that Pres. Hinckley has passed away and Mike and I both said "what?". I think we have been so used to seeing him spry and cracking jokes, we forget that age can take its toll. I was thinking this morning about all the things I love about Pres. Hinckley and I'll share my list.

*His testimony of the Gospel. What a powerful testimony he shared with people all over the world.

*His humor. From telling us in a meeting that he doesn't buy green bananas to "knighting" Pres. Eyring in the October session of conference. He was always laughing and telling jokes-never at the expense of others but always funny.

*His love for his wife. When Sis. Hinckley died, a great woman left the Earth. You could see their love for one another. In the last few conferences, he had spoken about how much he missed her and longed to be with her again. I know that they are happy to be reunited.

*His willingness to serve. It's probably not easy for a "mature" man to try to keep 13 million people in line. I can only imagine the time that he spent on his knees, praying for all of us, as we prayed for him. As the Prophet, he was our leader, our advisor and our friend.

*Temple building. Mike brought up an interesting point last night. Just think about how many people have been able to have their work done because of Pres. Hinckley's temple building. What a marvelous work is done in the temple.

So, that's just a few of the reasons I love Pres. Hinckley. He was a good man, a prophet of God. He will be missed.

1 comment:

Connie said...

Great tribute. Michelle did one on her blog with her testimony. I loved it!