Friday, February 29, 2008

Sickness Sucks!

For some reason on Wednesday night, I got sick. Let me tell you, I hate being sick---big time. It's a weird illness of some sort where now I just feel all jelly-legged (that's an actual condition in my house) and weak. I am back at work today but I told my boss not to expect great things from me-I get woozy and "feel pale"(also an actual condition at my house) if I stand up for extended periods of time. By the way, no I'm not preggers. Anyway, I haven't really been thinking anything deep or interesting this week other than I hate being sick. To me it's like the most horrendous thing ever. I have to actually ask people to do things for me and feel all weak and helpless. However, I am on the mend and fully intend to take advantage of this by making the kids clean their rooms and maybe even the bathrooms (they feel really sorry for me if I cough and hack and look pitiful). Maybe I can even get Mike to do the dishes since Kiersten has decided that she doesn't want to do that anymore. That was an interesting discussion when we told her no dishes=no allowance.

By the way, here's your reminder to go to the Scout Auction on Saturday. I think it's 5-7. It's always a good time and it's for a good cause. See you there.

2 comments:

campbell said...

I hate being sick too. I always cry when I am sick. It's not because I want people to help me it is because I am so mad that I am sick that I cry.

Anonymous said...

Is this a bad time to remind you that there is opposition in all things??? Not too funny, huh? Sorry, but you know it is true that after being sick, you really truly appreciate feeling good and strong again. Plus, it gives me empathy for people who are chronically ill.

Hope you're better.