Wednesday, January 14, 2009

First real thought for this year's blog

Hello all,
I've been trying and trying and trying to come up with something profound to write about as the first "real" blogpost for the year. Connie and Jayne have these words to live by for the year and I was thinking about doing that, but then I couldn't figure out just one word. So, as I was sitting here looking at my quotes, one jumped out at me :

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
Dr. Seuss

I thought to myself--- Self, this is what you need to be doing this year. I've found that some of the time, I don't say what I feel when people ask me about my thoughts. Yes, this is hard to believe knowing who my mother is, but it happens.

So, this year, my goal is to be who I REALLY am (strangeness and all) and say what I feel. Because like the good Doctor says, those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind (probably because they already know how strange I am).

Peace and love y'all!

7 comments:

Connie said...

Those who matter love you and don't mind what you say!!! So dish...we can take it!

scchesleys said...

I'm not mean or anything, just when someone asks me "what are you thinking?" I actually tell them (usually Mike) instead of saying,"oh, nothing.".

Anita said...

So... what ARE you thinking?

scchesleys said...

Right now I'm thinking I wish my boss would hurry up and leave so that I can have some peace and quiet. Also, I don't really want chicken and rice soup for lunch. See, nothing all that great.

SCNONI said...

What do you mean..."knowing who my mother is". I completely resemble that remark "knowing who MY Mother is". You will be such a chip off the old block and I'll be SO proud.

Anonymous said...

smart people listen to dr suess

Perfectly Blended said...

I love that quote, however, when I follow those words it typically gets me in trouble!!! LOL