Hello all! It's been forever and a day since I last posted, but it's been extremely busy here at work (those unemployed people just won't leave me alone!), and at home I don't feel like looking at a computer. BUT, the bossman is out today so I have a little bit of spare time to tell you all what I've been thinking lately and since I'm a listmaker, here's my list:
1. Saturday, Jayne, Connie and I and maybe some others are going to the beach to get inked (henna people!). I've been ruminating on what to get that is "me". We're also going to do some shopping and lunching. I'm so excited, I'm bouncing in my seat like a little kid. I get to go somewhere with cool females!!!! I am bummed that my fellow ESAL Crystal is not going to be able to come, but we'll figure something out between the two of us.
2. I was watching TV about the HADRON whatever over in Switzerland that they fired up this week to simulate the Big Bang. Detractors are saying that it's possible that the collision of the whatevers that are moving at the speed of light will cause a black hole that will swallow the Earth. I don't think that will happen but wouldn't that be a neat disaster movie?
3. The political conventions are over (thank goodness). I didn't watch them and I'm still undecided as to who to vote for. I'm more of a debate watcher. This leads to a rather largish gripe that I have which I will share with you. PEOPLE OF ALL POLITICAL PARTIES LISTEN TO ME!!! Please do not send me an avalanche of anti Obama, anti McCain junk. Some of the stuff that has hit my email box here and at home is actually bordering on offensive. I understand that all people have the right to their own opinion and it's a great country where we get to vote; however, you will not sway me with anti whoever crap. Vote the way you want and I'll vote the way I want. If we agree, great. If we don't, that's great too.
4. Back to the fun stuff---Kiersten got her expander put in her mouth last week. It's quite an interesting little gadget that I have to "turn" every day for 22 days. She is still having an issue talking, it sounds like she has a big jolly rancher in her mouth. But, it's getting better. We were laughing together at the orthodontist about the way she sounds and Dr. Green said we were having too much fun.
5. Jared told me this morning he "has allergy symptoms". He is learning new words and loves to use them. We were going through World Market on Saturday and he was saying "that's so awkward!" about everything. Sometimes he got the context right, sometimes not. He's also turning into a guilt tripper. It was funny during the Olympics, he would want us to record something and if we didn't, we would hear this little voice go "it's okay. I didn't REALLY need to watch the BMX stuff."
6. Hunting season is upon us, which means I will soon be a deer hunting widow. Actually I don't mind so much as it gives Mike a chance to do something that he loves (hang in a tree and kill defenseless animals), while teaching our son a necessary life skill (hang in a tree and kill defenseless animals). Mike bought Jared some really cool new camo last week when they went goose hunting. I know that they're supposed to look tough and tree like, but Jared just looked so darn cute! I have a picture somewhere that I'll post.
7. Kiersten asked me the other day when she could start wearing makeup and get contacts. Oh the horrors! My baby is growing up! Mike and I talked about it last night and we're going to tell her 13 for very little makeup (don't want her looking like a streetwalker), like mascara and lipstick. Then after the braces are off we'll talk about contacts again. She, of course, thinks it's a travesty that she has to wear braces and glasses at the same time (this was put into her head by her father and I would gleefully smack him for saying such, but I refrain. I am the epitome of sweetness and light).
8. Life in the Chesley household has changed in the past month, we added a new addition to our family, little Sally Mohawk the puppy. I have never had an inside dog so this is a totally new experience for me, getting up in the wee hours to take her outside to wee. (Do you think that's why they're called the "wee" hours? I made a funny!) Thanks a bunch Alona for letting us have the precious miss. Her favorite person in the whole family is of course, Mike. It's quite entertaining to watch her when he comes home. As soon as his wheels hit the driveway she is at the door waiting for him. When he comes in, she looks like she's having some sort of fit and if he leaves the room, the little lady follows him. I call her his shadow, they work on the computer together, watch Outdoor Channel together, and play with the laser pointer together.
Well, I guess that's all for now. I have been thinking more, but those are kind of deep and not much fun so I'll let them pass by for another day. So everyone, here's a brand new post for all of you who have been waiting for one. Hope you like it.
Peace and love y'all!