Tuesday, December 14, 2010

I believe in Santa

Good morning dear readers!
Regarding the title of this post, I know you're probably thinking, "that poor woman! She doesn't get it!" Oh, I get it just fine. I'm not talking about the jolly fat man in a red suit that Kiersten was terrified of as a child, I'm talking about the spirit of Santa. When we told Kiersten and Jared the "truth" about Santa, we told them about the spirit of Santa and that we as adults still believe in that spirit.

What is the spirit of Santa you ask? The spirit of Santa is something usually felt more around this time of year, but we really need to try to have it all year long. The spirit of Santa is what makes people put thousands of dollars in a Salvation Army bucket, what makes people ding dong dash entire meals and Christmas presents for those in need, what makes people a little more apt to let someone go first in line at the grocery store. It also makes adults want to be just a little more childlike during the Christmas season. No, I'm not talking about childish behavior, I'm saying teachable, humble and awestruck at the precious gift that has been given to each of us through Christ's sacrifice.

So when kids ask me if I still believe in Santa, I say yep, I sure do.

Peace and love y'all!

1 comment:

StartABiz said...

I love the spirit of Christmas. Thanks for the post.