Monday, November 17, 2008

I am Thankful for...

I've finally gathered my thoughts (as much as they can be gathered) and realized that everything floating around in my head was an expression of thankfulness. So, what I thought I would do was do one post a day about something I am thankful for. It may be just one line or an entire book, but that's what I'm thinking. So, since I have 17 days to catch up on, here are a few things I'm thankful for in no particular order.

1. Primary programs. We had ours yesterday and it fills me with joy to watch the children sing their songs and do their parts.

2. Hunter B. I am thankful for Hunter B. because he reminded me yesterday of the joy of a 3 year old boy and brought just a bit of that joy to the congregation.

3. Feet. This morning I drove in and I was thinking about the pioneers (we're listening to a Trek CD) and how they had to walk and walk and walk. I don't think I could have done that without some serious complaining. I would be the one saying "are we there yet?".

4. Music. Last night, there was an EQ singing thing at the church and it was GREAT!!! All of the performers were terrific. Billy Brittain played a guitar and harmonica AT THE SAME TIME and sang too! As someone that really has a problem walking and chewing gum at the same time, that's an amazing feat.

5. Sally the wonder puppy. She has brought so much laughter into our home, and after setting some rules out (no peeing or pooping on the floor, no pulling empty milk cartons into the middle of the living room), we're doing really well.

6. Work. At this time of high unemployment, I'm getting a lot of phone calls from people who have been out of work for a while and they're really in dire situations. I'm grateful that I have a steady job that pays okay and I enjoy.

7. Parents. My parents are great! I was reminded yesterday when Jimmy P. told his dad thank you for making the decision to be baptized. I realized that I would not have what I do if my parents had not made the same decision. I wouldn't have my DH, or my kids or even a complete family. So, thanks mom and dad for making the decision to be baptized .

8. Fingers. I do a lot of typing in my job and I'm pretty sure I couldn't even do my job without my fingers. If you've ever hurt one of your fingers bad enough to have it taken out of commission, you feel handicapped.

9. A car. Now, I diss the cruiser sometimes because it's not really MY car. But, I'm grateful to have it to get us where we need to go.

10. The ability to read. I LOVE to read. I'll read anything I can get my hands on, except for true crime, went through a bunch of those a few years ago and ended up freaking myself out and never wanting to go outside. I love the magic of a person's imagination, and how they put words together to make ideas. I think it's really cool when authors have these complex worlds and characters in their heads.

So there's a few, I'll catch up eventually.

Peace and love y'all!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I am glad you are thankful for Hunter! Jared made my fav kids yesterday too! Did you like my song I wrote about Jared's expressions?

scchesleys said...

I did see that. You know, for a kid that sings as much as he does (in the shower, car, wherever) he certainly was not having any of it yesterday.

Connie said...

Yes, my grandchild is the best!!!
I try to list at LEAST 5 things each day that I am grateful for and keep complaining to a minimum...some days I do better than others.

Jayne said...

Great post! In fact, I think I might steal your idea and post some things I'm thankful for too. Like Connie, I keep a gratitude journal of at least five things per day that happen or that I'm grateful for (sometimes it might be a memory instead of something that happened that day),but those thoughts are often for my eyes only, mainly because they wouldn't have meaning for anyone else.