Friday, August 1, 2008

Fun Fact Friday!!!!

I LOVE useless knowledge! I love to watch Jeopardy, Animal Planet, Discovery Channel and those icky forensic shows. So, today, to honor my love of goofy facts, here are a few of my favorites:

Just learned this week that the Tibetan Hot Spring Snake is the highest living snake on the planet. If you haven't guessed by it's name, it lives in hot springs in Tibet.

The sloth is the world's slowest animal. It moves so slow that moss grows on it. Also an interesting fact about sloths, they eat, sleep, mate and give birth upside down.

The peregrine falcon is the world's fastest animal. They've been clocked upwards of 170 mph.

Can you remember what happened to the 6 wives of Henry VIII? I use this little rhyme that I heard somewhere: Divorced, beheaded, died, divorced, beheaded, survived. Catherine of Aragon, Anne Boleyn, Jane Seymour, Anne of Cleves, Catherine Howard, Catherine Parr.

Wint-O-Green Lifesavers spark when you bite them.

Walt Disney was given an Oscar for Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. Big deal you say! However, this Oscar was special. It really had 7 "dwarfs" and an Oscar.

That's all I can remember right now. Maybe I'll do this again. Do you know of anything to add? Please let me know. I can't remember my name sometimes but all this stuff is rummaging around in my head.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the cornea has more concentrated nere endings than any other body part by relative size ratio thing

scchesleys said...

interesting---I would have thought that your fingertips had more nerve endings.