Today is the sweet girl's 14th birthday, and in honor of that auspicious occasion, here are 14 things I love about Kiersten in no particular order (some may not have pictures-most of the pics are old which are the only ones that I have here)
1. Her smile---Ever since she was a baby, she's had an infectious grin that lights up where ever she happens to be.
2. Her personality---She's pretty quiet until you get to know her and then she's just so funny and has wonderful things to say.
3. Her common sense---In this day and age when people can be lacking in common sense, she has it most of the time. She's got a good head on her shoulders and I'm glad for that.
4. Her love for her brothers---She has 3 younger brothers and she loves them all so very much. Even when Jared is yelling at her to put her stuff in the bathroom away, she's (mostly) patient with him.
5. Her flair for the dramatic---She gets this from my mother, Scarlett had nothing on Kiersten. Maybe that's just being a teenager but it's definitely there.
6. Her fashion sense---She's not like me when it comes to her clothes (which can be a good and bad thing). She always looks so darn pretty!
7. Her sense of self---She knows who she is (which I didn't at that age) and what she wants. I admire that in her.
8. Her sense of humor---We have sort of the same sense of humor so she gets my jokes and silly comments.
9. Her love of reading---One thing that we have in common, we'll sit and read together for hours. We talk about books, what she's reading and writing.
10. Her stubbornness---This is something to love? you ask. Yes, except when it comes to her stubbornness about doing (or not doing) chores.
11. Her hair---She's got great hair ( this is silly, but I really do love her hair)
12. Her love for her family---She's got LOTS of family and loves us all. She's also becoming something of a hugger (Mike is wearing off on her).
13. Her talents---She is very talented. She sings, paints, draws, writes very well. She's also a great listener and a calming spirit.
14. Everything else---I'm her mom and I think she's just wonderful. This is just a little list, but I can tell you, I am blessed to be her mother. I couldn't ask for a better daughter.
Happy Birthday sweet baby girl!
Peace and love y'all!